Monday, May 17, 2010

It has been a long time.

Hello all you readers out there. Wow what a crazy past few months around here. With my mothers illness it has for sure been mighty stressful. I had to put aside my love for making hair things and put my attention and focus where it should be and family was my number one priority. Now that things are getting back to normal around here you will see me working on some new things. Many of you readers out there have stood by my side since day one of this bow adventure and bought bows from me when I first started. Needless to say they were awful. However, at the time I was so proud of myself and you all kept cheering me on. Your support has gotten me this far, practice makes perfect. I don't intend on taking this "bow business" so far to make six figures or stress myself out. In fact many of the items that I sent out for my models were what I made while destressing, or "playing". I love to do this and it has shown me so much about myself I didn't know exsisted. Having kids I kind of lost myself, I became mom and she is never going away. I didn't really know who I was anymore, but it is because of them that I found myself, I found something I love to do. I found something I take pride in. I love making my girls look even more glam pretty then they already are. I love when a friend says Joni I have this event I need a bow for my daughter. It makes me feel good that something I made, made their day a little more special. I don't do anything that hasn't been done, in fact many of you who buy could get it cheaper, or closer to home. I put my heart into everything I make. Every drop of glue, cut, sew, thread, burn ect... you get the picture. Some people might look at a flower on a head band and think, she just glued a flower to a headband, but I did so much more then that. This adventure is one I am so glad I did, wether I stop tomorrow or do for many many years. (I for see the later) Anyhow, bless all of you for putting up with all my facebook requests for more fans. I have a friend who has a photography business and I look up to her that she has over 1000 fans and I think she started out just like me, square one. So if anyone reads this who wants to help in my quest for more fans or "likes" as they call it these days. Go to my fan page, under the picture is share or share with friends. All those who are not fans click on them, chances are a few of them will become fans and maybe one day I will make a special bow for them. Okay, so that is all for now. Hopefully my mom (Cathy) will get some of her beads up on the site and we can take a few pictures and add them here. Since she has been home from the hospital she has really been working hard on some great stuff. Go a head and click to follow my blog, you never know what you might find here. Have a great summer everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment